In need of correct screen frame size and mounting hardware

A quick learner from Utica, illinois says:
Curious if you may offer some assistance. We have numerous double hung windows upstairs, I believe that they are Crestline. They are aluminum clad exterior and wood interior. There have never been screens mounted to the windows, evidently the original owner was to tight to purchase them. There is a groove that is 3/16" wide and approximately 3/16" deep that runs vertically on both sides and horizontally of the top of the exterior portion of the window near the exterior stop.

I was originally thinking that 70-009 push pins and some 7/16" frames would do the trick but there is only about 3/16" on an inch available from the stop to the beginning of the groove, so there is not a lot of room. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, these windows are upstairs and we literally run the AC on a nice 70 degree day since we cannot open any windows. Thank you so much!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I would suggest having some screens made locally and using the 70-056 top hanger kit along with either the 70-004 or the 70-204. I have used this type of hardware in the past to install screens on wood sashes when no other hardware or clips were available.

How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.