In need of new actuating arm or operator

A home owner from Fort Collins, CO says:

Good morning,

Our home was built in 1972 the window I believe is a Pella but I'm unsure. When looking from "INSIDE" of the house it is the window on the LEFT that needs the new operator. There are 11 teeth associated with the handle to slide over. The window frame measures approximately 19" wide.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Craig

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4973.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4974.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4990.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4991.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4993.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Craig. Based on these pictures I am confident that you need our 39-175 operator. This should replace your original. We also sell the 39-109B handle and 39-314 cover.

Hi Tom,
Thank you for your reply. To keep my cost down is it possible to buy only the stem component that makes up to the gear that drives the hinge assembly?
Thank you-
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That won't be possible, unfortunately. That stem is not sold separately and they can't be repaired, anyway. When it comes out like yours has it means that the gears are stripped. It is necessary to replace the whole operator; even if you got a new stem, it wouldn't fix anything. The gears would still be stripped and it still wouldn't function.

Good morning,

Thank you for the follow up, I recently placed an order to fix our window. I appreciate your correspondence!

Have a great week,
Craig
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)