Inside lock part

A quick learner from USA says:
I removed my sliding door handles and inside lock part to take to home depot as requested. While I was taking it out something fell out between the door. The handle set seems to be your Swisco product code 82_079 but I cannot tell what the lock part number is. Please help hardware stores don't seen to carry this.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear about the trouble! If your mortise lock fell into the door, there's probably only one culprit. See our 82-218. This lock is the only mortise lock that comes to mind where such a thing is a risk. Does this look familiar? Carefully look over our measurements to ensure that it matches the holes in your door where the old lock went.

I also recommend watching the video below. This will help you avoid the same accident happening in the future.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)