How To Install 82-107

A home owner from NJ says:
I have a new 82-107 how do I install it? Please help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. You'll have to remove the handle plate from the door before you install it. The washers actually sandwich over this plate, keeping the 82-107 secure. The plastic washer goes under the lever itself on the outside of the handle while the wave washer and push nut go on the inside. See the diagram below to get an idea of how they're meant to go together.

Dimensions for 82-107
Dimensions for 82-107
The manufacturer suggests pushing it around the lever stem with a flat blade screw driver. Just make sure to take your time and push it a little at each side, going around it in a circle. I've also known some professionals set the lever on a block of wood and place a small socket from a socket wrench set over the shaft to tap the push nut on. It can be a little tricky to install, though it is possible.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.