Is there a way to fix the keeper on this door?

A handy person from Chapel Hill, NC says:
It's one long continuous piece along the door frame, but is there a way to fix the part where the lock enters the keeper? Thanks.
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I see what you mean. I don't know if we can help you replace that metal strip that acts as your current keeper, but we may have a solution. You could cut a 3" space away in that strip and then use our 89-025 Metal Keeper. You may need to shim it out, but I think it's the best solution we can suggest. What do you think?
A handy person says:
Thanks. That could work. However, those slots look smaller than what is there now. Can you please tell me what their length is?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Actually, the two oval slots on the keeper are just the screw holes. The lock would connect with the center hook. Check out the image below to see what I mean.
A SWISCO image of the 82-005 working with the 89-025.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)