Jalousie Window Hardware

A home owner from Niles, Illinois says:
I am trying to help my Mother. She has lived in her home for 46 years. Approximately 44 years ago they put in jalousie windows in the porch. The windows will no longer stay closed. They have a crank that has the name "Stanley" on them. I took one off and it has a patent number inside that looks like P.T. NO 10-6231 RH-3. Not sure. I could take off another one and see if it is clearer. There is a toothed wheel inside the window part. The part looks like the one on your "jalousie" window box. She cannot afford to replace the windows so we are trying to replace the hardware. I went to Home Depot. They told me to contact you. Can you help? Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello, I have worked on Stanley jalousie windows in the past. I have used the universal jalousie operator #39-165 and I believed I have also used the #39-005 jalousie operator. If you can post detailed photos with dimensions I can make sure I am recommending the correct parts.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)