KK Casement Window Hardware

A handy person from Sparta WI says:
Also labeled as entry guard truth
Can I get just a replacement clip to hold the pinion shaft in?
Or do I need to order the whole assembly?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid that once that worm gear comes out, there is no replacing it. You will need a new operator. We can make a suggestion, but we will need to see more of the operator itself. Your picture only shows the base. Removing it would be best, that way we can see the whole thing, but you could also just open the window as far as it can go and take a clear picture of the arms. Let me know!
A quick learner from Sparta, WI says:
Arms labeled 6591 and 20810
The hidden arm is stamped L30841
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you! Please see our 39-031 and 39-032 and compare our measurements to yours, especially the size of the shorter link arm. I think these could be the operators you need, but let us know if any dimensions differ. For a new operator cover and crank handle, consider our 39-107 and 39-114L

A home owner from ESCANABA , Mi says:
Hello, I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out what is going on with my windows. When the weather gets colder, I get condensation and then when it gets below freezing, I get frost or ice on the inside. I am leaning towards a weather strip issue, but I could be wrong. I am the 2nd owner of this house and would really like to fix the issues.
Please help!!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windows1.jfif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windows3.jfif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windows5.jfif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windows4.jfif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windows (2).jfif
Profile picture of Paul

You have casement windows by Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Company. Their headquarters is in Wisconsin. The condensation on the insulated glass is usually caused by high humidity in the house, while the outside is frigid. The frost between the sash and window frame does point to loose or missing weather stripping. You will need to wait for the weather to warm up to open the window sash without damaging it. Then you can inspect the weather-strip. You might also want to contact a Kolbe dealer in your area. The Kolbe company seems to a good company that backs up their products.

A home owner from Minneapolis, MN says:
Hi, My operator will only open and will not close.
I believe it's because the circle piece in the photo won't hold the crank base in position any longer.
Can you recommend a next step for me? This is a KK operator likely from the early-mid 90's.

Thank you,
Mitchell
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9963.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Hi there, Mitchell. It appears the worm gear is stripped so you'll need a new operator. I recommend you start with the 39-031 and 39-032 as well as the 39-155 and 39-156. Carefully review the specifications, especially the length of the link arm, and see how they compare with your old operator. 

A home owner from Minnesota says:
I need a replacement for this sweep lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230714_185708939.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230714_185448218.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'd be happy to make a recommendation for you. Before I can suggest anything, can you tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center? That will allow me to find a good replacement in our inventory that won't require you to drill new holes.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.