Key cylinder for Pella storm door

A home owner from Northbridge, MA says:
Do you sell just the key cylinder for Pella storm doors I've lost the keys to mine, and was hoping to just replace that - rather than the entire handle set.

On your website you sell a Kwickset key cylinder w/ thumb turn (40-123) - which seems similar (based on the picture & dimensions), to the one I have now. Would that work w/ a Pella storm door?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I pulled our 40-123 from stock and tried it in a Pella storm door handle set, our 40-193. The 40-123 did work. However, the securing screw on the bottom of the 40-123 is centered in the cylinder housing 1-1/4" in from outside to inside. The key cylinder from the 40-193 has an offset hole for the securing screw. That hole is 1-1/2" from outside and 1" from inside.

Basically, what could happen is that the 40-123 will stick out 1/4" past your door on the outside and stick inward 1/4" on inside. I don't think it will hurt the operation of the lock, but it might look a little different from the original cylinder when installed.
A professional from California says:
As long as the securing screw lines up under the moving tab the same as the original, the extra length shouldn't hurt anything. Most of the cylinders I have seen protrude around 1/4" or more.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.