Kitchen & Bath Cabinet Drawer Slide Hangers

A contractor from New Jersey says:

I am remodeling cabinets from 1985 vintage and adding a new granite countertop - many of the cabinet drawere slide hangers are brittle and cracked and should be replaced at this juncture.

Since the countertop is off and all cabinet areas are exposed I have two options for repairing the problems:

1- use a full "original" replacement part or as close as possible and the original wood stringers; or
2- upgrade by using new wooden backboard stringers that can use a different part with the same slide "cup size" that can be directly mounted on the new stringer board -- the rectangle cup opening is 3/4" tall, 5/8" wide and 1" deep.

Please advise on each of my options although I seem to favor #2 - thahks...

User submitted photos of a drawer socket.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have anything exactly like this. You could possibly consider our 32-087. Do you think this is a possible match? If you want to replace the complete track system, see our 32-063. I just redid my counter tops and I used the 32-063 track kits myself.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)