Larson screen door replacement latch needed

A home owner from Laramie Wyoming says:
The attached photos are of the Larson screen door latch that the spring no longer works to lock the door shut so the handle just hangs down. I ordered a mortise latch off your website that had the exact same external measurements as this latch but when we removed the damaged latch, the opening for the door handle and lock bolt were different. The door handle opening needs to have 5 sides, not square, and looks like an X opening for the bolt lock. There is also a little metal bracket at the bottom of the latch that hooks onto the bottom of the opening on the screen door where this latch is inserted. I just returned the latch I originally bought off your website so you should have record of what that one was because the measurements did match. However, there were different model letters stamped on the side. The latch we need is model stamped DG and the wrong latch we received from your website had DAA stamped on it instead. I'm hoping you have that model DG, but I haven't been able to find it on your site. Please help if you can. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 67F2B7E8-25E9-4209-BB39-05B3331188B8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2E24F3AC-D264-4BBE-9E5D-0AC0D3154930.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 952B9477-A929-4513-93FE-FEAF5A940EF2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 63998F5F-788A-4710-B06E-F3403007B306.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I see your dilemma. I think you're only choice may be to go with the 40-198, but then also replace the handle set with something that can work with the difference in the keyway shape. Now, there's no one specific handle set to go with the 40-198, but I find that the 40-199 works perfectly well. I'm just not sure how well it matches up to your old handle, in terms of how it mounts to the door. You may end up having to drill new installation holes for it. Just something to consider.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.