Lawson door sliding door roller assembly

A handy person from florida says:

Hello, I need a replacement roller for my sliding door. The CLR D1959 is an exact match. Please see pictures. However the mounting holes on the replacements I have ordered are wrong. The part everyone sends has the large adjusting screw at the top and the small threaded mounting hole on the bottom. I need the exact opposite. I need the small adjusting hole on the top and large mounting hole on the bottom. 

In the pictures my old roller is the on in the middle and the replacements are on either side. Although the replacements look different from the original they slide in the opening just fine. I realize replacements can look very different from the originals and still work fine.There is no way to mount these to the door. 

I included a photo of the part from the web site were I purchased it. In the photo the small adjusting screw is on the top and large mounting screw on bottom. The replacements are different from the pictures. Two sets from to different companies in boxes, both the same. 

I would sincerely appreciate any an all help you could give me and would be happy to purchase the correct part from your company. 

Thanks 

Bennett

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0093.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0088.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0103.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 31H6gDPvVzL._AC_.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The exact roller you show in the diagram I believe is no longer available. In fact, the replacement roller we carry as a replacement (the 81-286) is also in short supply and won't be around for much longer. This kind of roller isn't really that popular anymore.

Looking at the photo above where you line up all three rollers, the one on the right side looks like it lines up with your original. The adjustment screw at the top of the housing appears to be in the same location and the mounting hole at the bottom as lines up, as well. The mounting hole at the bottom does appear to have a smaller diameter than the one you need, but that's not a big deal. Try using a smaller diameter screw like a #8 or a #10 diameter. If the head of the screw is too small you could use some washers behind the screw head. You could also drill a hole into the roller housing to match the size hole you need.

Let me know what you think of these suggestions, or if you had any questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.