Legance 3 Patio door: Tupe DDSC: Code TRI-K-36

A handy person from lake forest, illinois says:
Door is in locked position and the lock control does not release it so i cannot open the door.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I am sorry to hear about the trouble. When a door is stuck in the locked position like this, there is no easy way to unlock it. It's not like you can jimmy the mortise open with a credit card or anything. After all, these are made to prevent break-ins.

My recommendation is to contact a locksmith in your area who has experience with this issue to come out and take a look at it for you. It's not going to be an easy fix.

A handy person from lake forest, illinois says:
locksmith drilled out key cylinder to open door. the latch handle was broken so i need a new one. Where can i get one?
Profile picture of Tom

Great! I'm glad you got it out. I'm not sure what you have, but if you were to send me a photo of the part removed from the door and clearly visible then I will check to see if we have a match in our inventory.

A handy person from Lake Forest, IL says:
I ordered (order #1925219) and just received item #82-240 White Roto Multi-Point Mortise Latch Lever but, it is not compatible with handle on my unit pictured above. I don't mind the white color but the handle cannot reassemble with part #82-240. Please advise.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1687.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1688.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I see what you mean, your original part looks a bit smaller. Before I recommend anything, would it be possible to see a photo of the mortise lock? I want to see what this thumb lever engages with so that I can make sure I find one that works the same way. Can you also show me the installation holes for the interior handle? Finally, I'd like the spacing between those installation holes, center-to-center. Thank you!

A handy person from Lake Forest, IL says:
See attached photos requested. Spacing center-to-center is 3 7/8"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SWISCO.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. This handle set does have a particular design, but unfortunately I was not able to find it. The only option I can offer you is a complete new handle set like our 82-080. This should be compatible with your old mortise and can install on your door without having to drill new holes, but the design is obviously very different. It will not look the same.

I am sorry that we can't offer you a better match for the thumb lever by itself. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.