Internal Lock for Series 870 Sliding Glass Door

A handy person from Phila., PA says:

I have a Philips Products Series 870 Sliding Glass Door. The internal lock is broken. Would you have a replacement lock?

The distance between the installation screw holes is 3 5/8 inches.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may have what you need, but I'm not familiar with that door. Could I see a few pictures of your hardware? You can upload them directly to this thread. Thank you!
A home owner from Alexandria Bay, New York says:
I purchased a home about 8 years ago, and there is a Philips 870-series sliding glass door on the front of the house that I can only unlock from the inside, because there are no keys for it. Basically, I need a new locking mechanism with a key lock, so I can start using my front door again. It's soon going to be a rental property, and I'd like my tenants to be able to use the front door without having to come in from the back door, and having to unlock it from the inside. What do I need for parts in order to help my situation? I'd be much appreciated for any feedback you can give me. Thank You!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'd be happy to suggest a key lock for you, but we're still not sure what kind of handle this door has. Can you please take a few pictures of the handle set in question and upload them to this thread?
A home owner from Alexandria Bay, NY says:
Here are a few pics of my door handle and locking mechanism, hopefully this will help. Thank you for responding so quickly to my email, I appreciate it. I look forward to your next reply. Thanks again!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for these images! That's a huge help. I recommend you start by looking at our 82-226 mortise lock and seeing how well its dimensions compare to your own.
A professional from California says:
I think they are talking about needing 82-310.
The door works from inside.
They don't have keys for the cylinder that is already installed.
I would suggest taking the tab off the old cylinder and swapping it with the new one.
It's easier than cutting the new one.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.