A quick learner from Cortlandt Manor NY says:
Not sure which ones I need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E44070EF-FF43-4F8D-879A-2B0584BEE2C6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A927F45A-0AAB-4CBF-9C94-C53974092E87.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BA29BDAF-D5B2-4D15-9F6B-93FA91A1A128.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the specifications of the 15-199 pivot shoe, which is compatible with the 1/2" wide S160 or 3/8" wide S165 coil springs, to your parts. As for the balance cover, you can find the compatible replacements under the related items sections of the coil balance product pages. Thanks for posting! 

How about the coils? Are they fine? I thought I saw a piece of the coil on sill is why I ask. Is the shoe and coil holder fine?

Wasn't sure if just the window popped out of show and that is all I need to do is reset all or I need new parts.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BF6D8DAA-370C-4BAC-BBEF-A64DB598BEB2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EEE19E48-C83A-4226-A6D5-A9E23022AE24.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9D681DDD-2985-4657-A9C9-B26B358005B1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0763F91C-0A75-40B5-9C3D-B9A4415AD686.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

It does look like the end of one of the coils broke off, which means that you would need to replace it. You'll need to confirm the width and use the stamp code printed on the end of the coil spring to choose the correct series and corresponding strength option. 

I do see a #4 but not sure with the other numbers. See pics
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C57F048D-6FDE-4F95-AB1D-B22FEB76DB4A.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

The #4 stamp would indicate that you need either the 1/2" wide S160-4 or 3/8" wide S165-4 coil springs.

Are the two coils exactly the same? Do I just measure the width of exiting coil to confirm?
Profile picture of Casey

You are correct that the primary difference is the width of the coil, though you'll also notice that the cutout is in a slightly different position as shown in our product images. 

The 160-4 appears to be the one I need correct? Since they are the same the two coils I would just need one correct? How can I tell if shoe and or the plastic that houses the two coils is good still?
Profile picture of Casey

You would just need to check for overall damage or rust on the coils. If the coil is the only broken part, the S160-4 would be all you need for now but it may be a good idea to replace both coils since, once one breaks, the other may not be far behind.  

A quick learner from Cortlandt Manor says:
Can you tell me if the Series 140 quick tilt can replace these or I must purchase the two new coils and pivot shoe? Also should I be replacing both sides Left and right?

Again just curious if there is an updated replacement for this or I need to purchase parts and rebuild?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9537FF49-89DA-42F9-8547-A1805C0C8636.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, the S140 would not be a suitable replacement for your balance assembly. We would recommend replacing the broken or worn parts of your assembly with the replacements that we discussed earlier in this thread. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.