Looking for replacement Atrium brand coil

A home owner from Centerville utah says:
Broken coil on double coil balance for double hung window has a 7 printed on coil. Window is 36 " wide 70" tall
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help you replace this coil balance system, but I'm not familiar with the shoe yours uses. Would it be possible to see a picture of that shoe from the front? Can you also show me a photo of the pivot bar that goes into it? That may help us determine what it is, or at least what can be used instead.

I bought these windows in 2005 for a new house they are Ted Lansing windows that were built by atrium windows at that time I bought pivots from Swisco about one month ago they are a bit different but they do work I have taken pictures of what you have asked for I hope this will help you decide what is needed thank you
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I recognize this now. This coil balance assembly is comprised of our 15-088 pivot shoe, two 15-086 tandem coil housings, a 16-024 bracket, and two Series 180 coils springs. You'll need the stamp off the old spring to confirm the best match. 

thank you I believe the parts you suggested are the ones that I need. the one last question I have is about the coil springs. one spring has a 7Y on it. the other spring does not have any lettering or numbers. does a duel spring system use the same coil spring for both?
Profile picture of Manuela
Manuela from SWISCO responded:

Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. It depends on the weight of your window sash. In this case, I think it would be best to get the weight of your sash to make sure we recommend the correct spring strength coil. 

Sash weight is 27 lbs. 10 oz.
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! In that case, I think two 7 pound springs on each side of the sash will be perfect for your window. That adds up to 28 pounds of support, not quite 27, but that should be fine. I don't think an extra pound difference will be the end of the world.

I would like to thank you for the information you gave me to fix my windows, the parts worked great. I have installed them and they are working as they should. The one last question on the windows is my seal is broke. This seal is on the atrium double hung windows and I will include pictures. Do you have the parts for the windows or can you tell me where to look for them. Thank you,

Wayne
Profile picture of Tom

Hello again, Wayne! I'm very happy to hear that everything worked out in regards to the coil balances. 

I'm less certain about this seal, though. It almost looks like it could be part of the frame, which isn't something we'd  be able to supply. Would it be possible to see what this looks like while installed, perhaps from another window? That may give us the clue we need to ID a match.

yes it does clip into the window frame, it is removable. If you have any ideas where I can find it if you cannot supply it, I would appreciate the information. The pictures are included.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for this information. Unfortunately, we're not going to able to supply this part for your window. I believe this part was made in-house by the manufacture. I recommend seeing if you can contact the supplier or manufacturer directly. If not, take the broken piece to a hardware store in your area and have them recommend a type of adhesive that will mend the vinyl together.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)