MW windows

A home owner from Lexington, NC says:
I have older wood MW windows in my house that were installed around 1985. Recently I had one break and needed to replace the double pane insulated glass in it. The glass is held in by a plastic L shaped glazing bead very similar to your Wenco snap-in #55-156-6. I removed a sample piece and it is almost identical in size and shape to this glazing. Do you know whether or not this vinyl glazing has been used on MW wood windows as a replacement for repairs. MW doesn't make my windows anymore. This looks like what I need. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Greg
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The only information we have on this vinyl glazing is that Wenco, a wood window manufacturer, was using it. That doesn't mean it won't work for you, many companies use the same profiles.
A home owner from Connecticut says:
I have an MW casement window in my kitchen installed around 1984. I need the long thin weather stripping that fits this window.Hopefully these numbers, running along the bottom of the window on a metal strip can identify the window in question.52184 8 MW/6684 MW and Ws 1GCC 178 CBA
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to research this for you if you cannot identify the needed hardware on our site. Please send us detailed photos with measurements. Also, please take a look at our Weatherstripping section, in particular 55-106 and 58-055.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at