Mastic Window Balister

A quick learner from Shelton ct says:
I?m trying to replace the balister on my mastic single hung tilt window. The window will not stay up. I?ve attached photos. Length is 23 inches and width is 1/2 inch. It is on the left side of the window. Are you able to help?
Jeff
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The best way for us to be able to locate a replacement part for your window, would be to see it removed from the window. Once you have done that, send us some additional photos of the entire balance showing the nylon attachments. Finally, if there should be any stampings or markings on the balance, please let us know what that is. Thank you and we look forward to work with you.

I?m unable to remove it. I took the screw out of the top but can?t seem to get it out of the channel and don?t want to crack the frame
I?ve attached photos of the stamp and nylon end which separated from the balance
Profile picture of Paul

Perhaps this video may provide some assistance to you:

Thank you however my windows do not have cut outs and the balance is in so tight I?m concerned about breaking the plastic channel when I try to remove it
Profile picture of Paul

Your pivot shoe looks like it's still in good condition, so you probably just have to replace the balance. No cut out is needed to replace it. Looking at your photos, once you disconnect it from the shoe and unscrew it at the top, it should just come right out.

If it is too tight to remove, then I'm not sure what to recommend. There isn't really a trick to it. These balances are designed to just slide out of the jamb track once unsecured from the frame.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.