Maxim Operator ID

A contractor from Warrenville, IL says:
How do you tell which hardware you need??

I believe these are weathershield casement windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Take a look at our 39-253RB and 39-253LB operators. Carefully go over the dimensions of the link arms, as well the style of the holes/appendages at the end of the link arms, to ensure it matches. These newer style versions of this operator are compatible with our 39-375 and 39-376 Folding Handles w/ covers. Finally, if you need a new hinge as well, see our 36-004-10

A contractor from Warrenville, Illinois says:
I am pretty sure I don't need the low profile version of this hardware, but I would like to have bronze arms and a white plaster cover that covers the main operator. Is that possible? Do you have that in stock?

I am also pretty sure that I don't want the one that you suggested, (Sorry), but I think I am in need of the model that has the cover already riveted on as shown in one of the new pictures I have included above.

Your thoughts??

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1057.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3518.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7644 2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8778.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me. No, the lower-profile pair of operators, while similar, actually have different appendages at the end of the link arms and are not compatible. Now, you could use either the set I recommended (the 39-253LB & 39-253RB) or the same set with covers built-in (the 39-253L & 39-253R). They are functionally the same, but the set without covers I recommend use the folding cover & handles. 

Now, the reason i didn't recommend the set with the covers built-in is because they are actually discontinued, and the white versions of them are no longer available. I am also afraid both operators do not come with the split arms in any other color. I suppose you could spray paint them; customers in the past have resorted to that. Let me know what you think. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)