Metal bifold hall closet door

A home owner from USA says:

Good Evening,

Please find attached photos of my mid 1960's 29 5/8" wide x 78 1/2" tall door that will no longer slide in it's tracks.

Please help.

Thanks,

Tony

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0639.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0642.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0644.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0645.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0646.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for posting, Tony. You have an old discontinued Float-A-Way door. We believe you can reuse the door by installing new tracks, like the 21-401, and replacing the pins with the 21-002 as well as three 21-044 guide pins. Look over each of these parts mentioned. There is a chance you may also need some of the 21-150 nylinders to help the pins slide through the door holes. If you have any further questions after looking over everything we have said, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Hi Paul,

Door is only 29 5/8" wide. Track description says it is 36". Do you have the size I need? Can this one be cut?
Will these pins fit in the current track I have?

Thanks,
Tony
Also, my current pins are 3/16" at the tips. Do you have pin caps to fit them?
My track is 3/8" wide.

Thanks, Tony
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

If your track is fine, then you can use the 21-104 & the 21-107 nylon caps on your pins. The caps slide on 3/16" tips. If the tracks are damaged, you will need to use the parts I previously recommended. The tracks are aluminum and can be cut down with a hacksaw.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)