Metal framed window, no brand names etc available. 28" ;omg, 3/8" diameter tube

A quick learner says:
Took this tension spring device out of an old metal frame window and need to find replacements. Also need to understand how to reattach the new installation. These had a screw at the top of the window frame but were not attached to the window at the bottom. That seemed weird. Not sure if the window ever worked properly. Seems reasonable to think the bottom twisted arm should be connect to the bottom of the window sash.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window spring bottom end.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window spring top end.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Is this spiral balance from a non-tilt window? If so, I believe you might need the S400-28. This is a 3/8" diameter spiral balance that often uses a bracket shoe like the 17-030 or 17-031 to attach to the bottom of the sash. See this blog post here for more details about replacing non-tilt window spiral balances. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)