Milgard Classic Casement Window Parts

A friend from San Diego, CA says:
I'm looking for Milgard parts or equivalent. 1st photo is a white replacement that is still functioning, 2nd photo is the original Milgard part that is no longer functioning. 3rd photo shows the gear that is slipping on the original. Originals are beige and the newer replacement parts are white. I'll check with my friend to see which they want. I guess my question is, should I remove the old part and measure it and send dimensions to you and also, I noticed you have several different brackets and parts that are associated with the mechanism, how do I know what other parts needs to be ordered in addition to the arm and the handle? Right now it seems the main gear is rising up and slipping when we crank it. At this point I just need to get prices on all the parts I need and I guess shipping costs etc. I also have a small video of the gear slipping if you need it. Thanks you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Main Gear.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Original.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Replacement.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. See either our 39-253L & 39-253R Operators, or our 39-438 & 39-439 Operators. Compare the specifications and the end of the link arms to your old hardware to confirm which is the better match. Associated hardware will be listed under 'related items' on each page. Let us know what you think.

A friend from San Diego, CA says:
I'm thinking it's 39-253L, because the black clip on the 39-438 looks rectangular and the hole is off center. The clip part, 39-529, is square like the one in my pic. Next question, are these all the same?? Last question, do I have to remove the entire window to replace the arm operator? And now the real last question, (see pic "removal angle") how easy is it to back this part out of the window frame? And after I remove all connections, sorry another question, is the window going to have anything supporting it (see 1st last question). Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4 7:8 Arm.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Clip 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Over View.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Removal Angle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Underside with Clip.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The black plastic part certainly looks like our 39-529, which works with the 39-253L and 39-253R. This is definitely not the 39-438 and 39-439! For removal and replacement details, see the video below. This is for a different style operator, but the principles are fundamentally the same. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)