Milgard Window - Need New Hinge

A home owner from Millbrae, Ca says:
I have window that needs a new hinge on the top and was wondering of you can help find it. When we open the window the top hinge is partially connected.

Attached are photos of the window, top, bottom and serial number (titled window with issues). Also attached is a photo of another window (titled window that works) in the same room. It is similar is construction but the hinge seems to be different.

Thanks!
Marc
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window-That_Works-01.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window-With-Issue-03.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window-With-Issue-02.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window-With-Issue-01.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Marc. We should definitely be able to help. We carry a ton of hinges and they're pretty easy to work with. We probably won't have an exact match but I think we can still get one that works the same way.

The only thing I'm not sure about is length. Judging by your photos, your hinges seem pretty long, but that could also be a trick of perspective. Either way, start by looking at our 36-004-14 and 36-013-18. The former is 14" long and the latter is 17-3/4" long. 

Now, like I mentioned before, these won't be exactly the same. With that in mind it will be necessary to replace the top and bottom hinge on your sash at the same time. That way the operation of the window remains symmetrical. This is why we sell many of our hinges in pairs of two.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if your dimensions differ in any way. I'm happy to help find a better match if you have any doubts about the two products I recommended.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)