Milgard channel balance

A quick learner from McKinleyville says:
Hi, I would like to replace channel balances in our Milgard windows. The part number shown is 2640, and it seems your 27" series is the replacement part. However, I need help selecting the part with the right shoe. Based on appearance, it might be the Series 395 model. Can you tell me the right part to order based on the attached photos?

The photos also include a channel balance marked 1740 (for a smaller window), so I have the same question for your 18" series (which shoe is correct?).

Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello! 

It's tough to tell the series of your balance as it is still installed in the window. We'll need to see a photo of the other end's nylon attachment. This will help to determine the best replacement option for your balance. Thanks so much! 

Hi,

I removed one of the balances and took these photos of the top and bottom. Hopefully you can determine the series I need for the 2640. Let me know if you need any other information.

thanks a lot,
Scott
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi Scott, 

I agree, the Series 395 looks pretty close. This comes with the 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom, so as long as your nylon attachments are the same size as these you should be good to go. Carefully compare all dimensions to be sure. Based on your stamp, the length of the metal channel should be 27". Make sure to only measure the metal channel. At checkout, you will select the 2640 stamp "option". If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks - it looks like the 395 series matches the measurements and visually looks similar, so I will try those. I assume I would be able to exchange for another type of they don't fit right....
Hi again, I wanted to mention that the channel balances (with Series 395 attachments) worked perfectly for all 3 window sizes I purchased them for. Thanks again for you help.
Scott
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.