Milgard window balancer

A handy person says:
I have a window in a rental unit that is missing the balancers. It's a Milgard unit that looks to have had the original panes replaced (no date/model stamps on the inside of the frame). I've included a photo of a different window, part of the same model line but a different size. The window in question is a single hung window that slides open vertically. The moving pane/frame measures 22-1/2" X 13-7/8". Which balancer should I be looking at? The balancers for these windows look like the Series 385 balancers. I'm just unsure which length option I need to chose. Any help would be much appreciated!

- Scott
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
many Milgard windows have been known to use our Series 385 balance, but the only way to confirm is to carefully compare our information to your own. Since your balances are missing, there's no way to know for sure. The Series 385 may be the safest bet. If worse comes to worst, you could alter the Series 385 slightly to work better in the window.

To determine the correct balance length, measure the visible height of the glass in the sash and tell me what you get. To determine the strength, I recommend that you weigh the sash on a scale. That will let us know what option to go with.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)