Mirrored closet door pull

A quick learner from USA says:
Help please. I've got a set of 38 year old Benchmark bi-fold steel doors with mirrors. One of the knobs has come loose and I don't know how to fix it. The back plate for the knob appears to be glued to the mirror. When new, the knob then screwed on and off a screw attached to the back plate. But the screw has apparently broken loose from the back plate, so now the knob just wobbles around and cannot be screwed on or off. Is there any hardware or technique to fix this? How do I remove it?Here are two pictures. The first one is of the knob and the second is the back of the door behind the knob. It shows there is no screw or connection going through the door holding the knob. To me this indicates it's a glue on knob.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 002.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I actually had the same problem with my wood bi-fold closet doors at home. The knob became loose in the housing. However I could remove the screw at the back of the door to remove the complete handle and secure the knob in the housing bracket. In your case you cannot remove the housing bracket that the knob is attached to. Not sure how you will be able to remove the handle with out damaging the mirror. I know mirror companies use a type of Piano wire to get behind it to cut it loose. Maybe try a single edge razor blade and a paint scraper like the 75-046 and try to cut it loose. However take your time and be careful! Talk to a glass company in your area to see what they suggest to remove the handle.

How to Insert and Remove the HYDE Razor Scraper Blades
How to Insert and Remove the HYDE Razor Scraper Blades
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.