Missing part on my Alenco window

A quick learner from Boulder city, Nv says:
I have an Alenco window with a block and tackle system. The window has missing a black plastic piece on each side of the window. When closed the channel balances rise up thru the opening . They appear to keep the channel balances in place. Are they called Balance tops? or Face guides? I have a good window with the items in place, but i am reluctant to pry them off to see their construction. Channel depth is 5/8 and width is 9/16 and a 28 in length. Thanks for your help. Floyd
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like a top sash guide. Take a look at 18-174, if it does not match up to the originals look through the top sash category section or post images with dimensions for us to research.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.