Mullion or window grid pins

A home owner from Lemont, IL says:
I need to replace a lot of these pins. But, what is the sleeve and how is it used? My mullions/window grids are held in place by pushing the pin directly through the grid and into the window frame (right in front of the glass). I don't see how the sleeve can be used. Is it like a drywall anchor? Any details would be greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good question! Some manufacturers use the plastic sleeve in the window frame so you don't wear out the hole for the pin.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)