My Sears screen window has crimps

A home owner from USA says:
Dear Sirs,

I have several Sears screen window panels for storm windows that need parts. All need latches, and several need tilt corners as well. These were in the house when I moved in, in 1988.

At each corner there are four crimps, which are 5/8" center to center. The crimps are on either side of the corner. The crimps are on the side of the panel that faces the outside, i.e. not where you can see them from inside the house. The crimps don't seem to be the type that just come apart with a little pull.

My questions --

Are these windows repairable with the crimps in them?

What material are the latches made of? Here are photos of the screen hardware. The first thing I am trying

to find out is if I need special tools because of the crimps marks I see. The little squares are 1/8 inch; inch lines are the darker ones.

Speaking of crimp marks:

Thank you in advance.

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Martin. For these Sears screen inserts, I recommend our 95-198 (left) and 95-199 (right) top tilt corners. Carefully compare them to your parts to confirm that they're the same. For the bottom finger latches and corners, see our 91-166P. All their parts are made of nylon. For instructions on how to remove the stamped corners, see the video below.
A home owner from Continental U.S. says:
Thank you, Paul.
The video was very helpful.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)