NEEDED storm door hardware

A home owner from Portland, OR says:
Product Code: 40-195: This part ALMOST fits my door. Can you help me find and exact fit. The 8 1/4" hole distance for the door edge piece is correct. The Face Plate screw distance is close enough (mine is 7 3/8", but 7.5 is close enough with the large holes. HOWEVER, the distance from the door edge to the center of the hole for the lock and handle (backset) on my door is 1 5/16". Yours is not listed, but appears to be shorter. The black inside piece for my door is 2 inches deep compared to 1.5" on yours.

Door thickness=1 1/8"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0181.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0182.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0183.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. It sounds like you're referring to the lock offset, which is shown on the 40-195 store page as 1". Refer to the image below.

Profile view of 40-195
Unfortunately, we don't have a mortise lock with an offset that matches yours. The closest we have is our 40-211, which has an offset of 1-3/8". Could this possibly work for you instead?
View of 40-211 Mortise lock
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)