Need 2 pairs

A quick learner from Louisville says:
I was told these are balancers. Either way I need 4. Do you have these available?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210107_163554.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210107_163530.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210107_163454.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a 15-180 Pivot Shoe, which then connects to Series 190 Coil Balances. To know what spring weights you'll need, give me the exact weight of the window sash, and we'll work it out for you. The video below shows how to remove and replace coil balance systems. 

Thank you for your help, I cannot weigh the sash. Can you just guess for me and I will take what you give me and make it work, this is one of those jobs where it's not that important that it's perfect or not. It is a 34 in wide by 28 inch sash, double pane window, I need 2 pairs..
Profile picture of Bob

I am afraid I can't guess off of basic dimensions; there's too much variation in terms of glass thickness and window design to go off those measurements. Only the exact sash weight will do. Since the spring weights chosen need to total up to the exact weight of the window sash (or within 1 pound), it's actually very important that it's accurate. Otherwise, the window will fail to open or close properly. If you have a bathroom scale, lowering the sash onto it should suffice. Let me know, and we'll go from there. 

My sash weights 21 lbs.
I only need 1 set now.
Profile picture of Bob

If the window weighs precisely 21 pounds, you could use (2) of the S190-540 5 pound springs on each side of the sash. This would equal 20 pounds of support overall; being within 1 pound of the actual sash weight works fine. Now, note that if you're uncertain of the spring weights on either side of the sash, it would be best to just replace all the coil springs. The spring weights must be symmetrical on each side. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Just to wrap this up. Right now the problem with the window is that when we try to raise it it automatically slams down and won't stay up or stay where we want it.
I was told window balancers might fix this.
Are you saying that I should get two of those parts that you wrote down and that is all I will need so the window will stay up in the air?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Bob's not here today, but I will do my best to help.

If your windows aren't staying up, then the problem is with the balances; more specifically, the balance springs have lost their tension, which they need to counterbalance the weight of the sash. If you replace them, then your problem will be solved.

The product Bob recommended, the S190-540, is a window balance. You were informed correctly, and Bob recommended the appropriate part. If the other parts connected to the spring are in good condition then you can continue reusing them.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.