Need Replacement Block & Tackle Part

A handy person from Princeton, NJ says:
I need your assistance in identifying the exact name for the block and tackle unit that fits over the tube and serves as the block for the string in the assembly.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Can you submit a few photos of your current system? This will help use get started with the research of your replacement.
A quick learner from Princeton says:
In response to your request for additional information;

Window Brand Name: There are no markings. Previous owner installed, and there are no visibal markings of any kind.

1. I have attached a picrture of the existing balance, broken unit(s), and of the shoe to the best of my ability. With regards to the broken rod assembly, I have over 15 balances that have the same worn out plastic part.
2. I also need to replace three clips. Picture of which is attached.

If it helps to have a discussion over the phone, I am open to speaking with a representative to move this process along more quickly.

User submitted photos of their block and tackle unit.
User submitted photo of their window part.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Looks like a Block and Tackle Rod System.

Possibly the Series 850, you will need to remove the sash to see the whole balance so that you can measure to compare it to our S850 replacement balance.

The bottom picture is the top tilt latch. It is hard to see it in your picture. Take a look through the surface mounted latches for tilt windows catalog section to see if you can spot your tilt latch.

If you need further help, remove the window part in question from the window and take a few more pictures of it and submit them here for us to research.
A quick learner from Princeton says:
I have been able to determine that the product code is S850 Crossbow Balance. It measures out to 18.5". I need both plastic pieces. The balance top plastic piece is the one that I need. They are all breaking/cracking. I need 30 units.

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at the S850-18 Crossbow balance. The balance you will receive will look like the product picture. The balance shoe comes attached to the balance.

When ordering Crossbow balances you have a couple options. Shoe color and shoe width. Choose the option closest to the current shoe you have. If you do not see your shoe option listed, please submit a picture and dimensions of the shoe you are looking for.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)