Need a handle set

A handy person from Augusta Georgia says:
I want a handle set that looks like your 82-034. But is keyed. I prefer it to be a satin nickel finish but will settle for a black one. My door is 1" thick and currently had an internal lock hook type latch. I don't mind having to modify my door or buying miscellaneous pieces to get what I want accomplished. The attached image is my current handle. The handle set in referring to I want is the legacy 82-034
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, I don't believe you will be able to adapt the 82-034 handle set, or similar styles, to your door. You have a very specific kind of handle set for which there are only a few kinds of styles. We carry the 82-055, whose hole spacing is 3-1/2", which seems to be what you have. We also have the 82-003, which has a hole spacing of 3-15/16". I am sorry we cannot offer you this type of handle in the same style of the 82-034.
A professional from California says:
If you want to put a lot of effort into it, it could be done. You would have to cut an oval of the same shape as the 82-218 face plate. Extending the current hole up and down is probably easiest. Just ignore the wide parts of the hole, they shouldn't matter. Drill for the 2 installation screws. Drill new holes for the handle that line up with the mortise(the distance from the edge is probably different). I would have to charge a lot for that kind of modifications, but if you want to put in the effort(and risk of messing it up beyond repair), it should be do-able.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)