Need a new sliding door latch

A quick learner from georgetown, Texas says:
Hi, I need a new latch for this door. I've replaced it once already but don't recall the model number. I just need the piece inside. Not the handle. You slide the thumb latch down and it is suppose to lock the door. Mine is very loose.

I also need to replace the bottom rollers. Can you tell me how to identify the model number or style of roller? I really don't want to have to pull the door and remove a roller to find out what it is. I'd rather have the parts on hand and swap them out.

Also ... if I replace the rollers should I also replace the bottom track?

Thanks! Don
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle.jpg
Gosh ... forgot I asked about the rollers. This is an 8' door and I don't relish the idea of pulling it apart twice.

If you can help ID the latch I'd appreciate it.

-Don
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Don. The internal piece you refer to is called the mortise lock. Yours in particular looks like our 82-218. I'm pretty confident this will work for you.

I have some bad news about the rollers, though. The only way we can ID them is to see them out ahead of time. I know that's more of a project than you wanted to deal with, but it's the only way. That's just how patio glass doors are designed. If we can't see the roller, we can't find a match.

Specifically, we need to see the top, side, and rear. Dimensions would also be a big help.

Finally, concerning your track, you only need to replace that if it's in bad condition.

I've got a brave soul to help me remove the door. I have a couple of questions.

(1)Your video says to remove the fixed glass side first. None of the other videos I've watched show guys doing this. Is this necessary just to change the rollers?

(2)I was looking for anti theft devices to prevent someone from lifting the door. Videos show them on the sides of the door. My door doesn't lift. However, I see a button type cover on the top; one near each corner. Could they be concealing some sort of anti theft mechanism?

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door_button.png
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

About removing the stationary door first: in some cases, you need to remove the doors from the outside of the house. In other cases you can lift the door up and out from inside the house. It really just depends on the door. The type we show in our video is just the most common. 

Those button covers you show in your photos I believe are just guides to help center the door. I don't see evidence of any security mechanism. 

How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.