Need a par for this window

A handy person from Raleigh NC says:
I need the horizontal piece that attaches to the upper fixed panel of this window and supports the locking mechanism. The photo shows the unbroken window. The broken window is missing the fixed part of the window latch and most of the horizontal rail that holds it. Can this be replaced? Or new window?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The horizontal piece you're referring to is the glazing, if I understand you correctly. Start by examining our 55-178. You may want to remove a small sample of your current glazing to confirm that our dimensions and shape match yours.
A handy person from Raleigh, NC says:
Thanks - The part you suggested (55-178) is the right dimensions and overall shape but my broken part has a bottom to it as you can see in the photo.
do I need a different part?

User submitted a photo of a glazing bead.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I wouldn't worry so much about that. Many glazing manufacturers decided to cut back on design costs by removing a portion of the strip. It should still function the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)