Need a replacement window operator (crank) for casement window

A home owner from Co-op apt. in Manhattan, NYC says:
I need to replace the window operator (crank) for a casement type Marvin window. I have two casement-type Marvin windows that I believe were installed about 1990. They are about 56" tall and 27" wide, including the frame. Facing the windows, the one on the right is still in good working order, but the crank on the window on the left broke and I no longer have the crank so I can't provide any numbers that may have been on it. The crank on the left was exactly the same as the crank on the right casement window except that it was for a left-handed window so I've attached photos of the crank on the right window hoping that you can identify what kind of crank I need for the left window and that I can order it from you. The crank on the right window says "Truth Entry Gard" on the long piece (see photo) of the crank and has the number 20810 on the shorter piece (see photo) of the crank.
I hope you will be able to help me get a suitable crank for the left window
Many thanks
Edith G
user submitted photo of window crank and extension
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To get started, begin taking a look at the Swisco 39-032 EntryGard Operator, this looks like it may be a fit. The corresponding cover is the 39-107 Operator Cover. You may also want to replace your hinge set, possibly the Swisco 39-013-10 2-Bar Hinge Set.
A handy person from New Jersey says:
I hope Edith is handy because replacing the cranks is no easy task. I have replace prety much all the cranks of my Marvin windows. Horrendous quality. I have just today gotten in touch with Marvin at Super Enterprises to get more cranks for the additional windows that have broken.
You have to take the whole bottom sash off carefully without cracking the wood
Good luck Edith
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You do have to remove the bottom trim, which can be tricky, but with a little patience and the right tools it can be fairly easy. All you need is a prybar like our 75-081 to gently and evenly ease out the trim.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)