Need a track kit for an old 36" Stanley mirror bifold door. Has 2 -18" panels.

A quick learner from Columbus,GA says:
This unit has a top track and a bottom track. On the paper label inside the door it has these numbers: 50610942 243554.
It has nylon rollers at the top and bottom and has the screw up and down adjustment on the bottom pivot with a wrench. It has the high profile track. No one in my city sells any hardware that would repair the doors.

These doors belong to my neighbor who is in his 90's and he asked me if I could try and fix the doors. He went to Lowe's and they sold him the standard wood bifold repair kit. I am looking to replace both tracks and maybe even the hardware unless it would be best to just replace the whole door unit($149).

I believe the nylon rollers are 1" with 1/4" pins.

Columbus Ga.
A contractor from Columbus,GA says:
I have installed a newer unit like this one that was a home innovations brand in my own home and I have also installed and repaired many wood closet doors. I previously flipped housees so I usually know what I am doing.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Victor. Could I see a few pictures of the tracks in question? That will give us a good idea of what you have and what could replace it. Thanks!
A contractor from Columbus, ga says:
Let me ask this: can a regular wood bifold door track kit be retrofitted to work on a mirror bifold door set? Take the bottom track out and the nylon guide pin and replace the top pivot and nylon guide pin with the new style that works on wood bifold doors?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I don't think so. Mirror doors are much heavier and may require different hardware to work properly, and Stanley discontinued their mirror door hardware lines. We have a few bits and pieces online now if you want to compare to what you have now, like our 21-452 or 21-462, which are a couple of tracks used for mirror bifolds. However I am not sure they will be interchangeable with your current tracks .
A contractor from Columbus GA says:
I have attached a copy of the pivot I need.
User submitted a photo of a bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. You could possibly use our 23-404 in conjunction with the 21-452 or 21-462 tracks. If you also need the pivot, see our 23-116.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)