Need Spiral Balances

A home owner from San Antonio says:
Have 19 windows with this style balancer; window weighs 20 lbs; image shows measurement; will probably work through windows; requesting price for 38 balancer vs. half now and half later.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 49BDC979-4CD6-4DEF-AD57-FDECA4359386.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We can replace these balances for you, but before we write up a quote we need a little more information to make sure we identify the right balances for you. Can you confirm the exact length of the outer tube, as well as its diameter? We also need the length of the inner spiral rod. This should be 1" or 2" more than the outer tube. From there, we'll get this started from you and supply a quote. Many thanks.

Must be an auto reply; image shows above lengths; exact length of outer tube = 39 inches; exact length of outer diameter = 3/8 inch; exact length of inner spiral rod = 41 inches(2 inches longer); window weighs 20 pounds,.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. No, I assure you I am not an auto-response! I am sorry if I gave you that impression. I see dozens of discussions like this a day, so I suppose my replies can sound a bit stilted. Apologies if I came off that way. Now, regarding these balances. If the inner spiral rod is 2" longer than the outer tube, then we'll use a Series 300 Spiral Balance as the base and then attach the 15-073 Bracket to the bottom. This should match what you have. If the windows weigh exactly 20 lbs, then a green tip option (for a window in the weight range of 14 through 26 lbs) should work for you. 

Now, before I get quotes for you, I do want to clear up one thing. Is the tube 39" long? In your photo it looks 29", but I want to be certain. 39" long for this type of balance is a little unusual, which is why I wanted to check to be safe before getting this started. Either way, I'll get back to you as soon as I can once you confirm the length for me. Many thanks for your patience.

Bob, you are right, my mistake; correct tube length is 29 inches, with inner spiral rod 2 inches longer; will reweigh window and get back to you
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds good.

Reweighed window; 20 pound windows; 29 inch tube x 3/8"; spiral rod 2 inches longer; maximum window = 19, depending on the price.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)