Need guides and shoes for this balance

A landlord from Houston, TX says:
Hello- I'm not very sure if I'm using the correct terms, but basically I need all parts required to get this bar installed and have the window slide smoothly. Stamp says 1520.

The description of the balance is as follows:
16 in. Window Block and Tackle Sash Balance
5/8 in. aluminum channel housing
Can be used on most single or double hung windows
Heat treated high tension steel spring
Will offset the weight of a window between 6 and 10 pounds
Must select the top and bottom guide ends that are sold separately
Prime-Line part H 3740 riveting tool can be ordered separately for installation of guide ends

All I have is this metal balance, so I need....shoes and guides? Sorry, I'm really not sure.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5466.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5472.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5474.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5475.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but it sounds like you may have purchased just the metal channel from another retailer. Unfortunately, the metal channel will not work on its own since the end attachments used with your original balances are just as important. We would need to see one of the original balances with intact end fittings removed from one of your windows to compare to our inventory. 

As for your top sash guide, you can start by comparing the dimensions of the 18-174 to yours. Thank you!

Hello and thank you for your response. We tried to get this window repaired a few weeks back and unfortunately they took/discarded the original parts- is there any other way to do this? If I take super detailed measurements of the window and frame, would that possibly work??
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we can't determine the type of balance that you need without photos of the originals. Do you happen to have another identical window in the house with intact hardware that you can show us? The window can be a different size and should still work for our purposes. 

No, we had this small window installed separately?

Would there be a way to get something that would be like an 80% fit? It doesn't have to be perfect, just functional??
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, similar parts will not work long-term for this kind of repair, the parts really do need to be an exact match. At this point, I would recommend contacting the window manufacturer or the company that you purchased it from to see if they have a record of the exact balance system used with the window when it was originally installed. That would give you the best chance of finding the correct match.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.