A home owner from Asheville, NC says:
Please see attached photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 047E562E-4181-4BDA-AC08-F3FFBFC23B8B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3776EC09-19C4-4232-84ED-30865C0F9E84.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F1BC608C-57A2-47F1-83D9-67B7D8AED8E8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D47F98FD-9EC5-41D3-B425-E9B00B59B55B.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what handle you had on your door originally. I can see part of the internal latch, but not all of it. Can you show me a clearer picture of that part? If you also still have the old external handle, seeing that would also be a huge help.

Hi- I can send more pics but unfortunately can't help you more with details. The door was bought many years ago and I inherited it when I bought the house. Let me know what you think. I am willing to drill new holes in door if required.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0519.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0520.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0521.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0518.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0522.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Aha! No need for more details. This is exactly what I needed to see. This is the old Sears storm door handle set. We did carry this a few years ago but it was discontinued and I don't think it's even made anymore.

The good news is that we do have a replacement we like to recommend instead. See our 40-131. I've had reports from other customers that this works perfectly well as a replacement for the old Sears set. Just note that drilling new installation holes may be necessary. You might be able to get away without doing that, but I can't say for sure. Just something to keep in mind.

will this blackone work? # 40-130
Profile picture of Tom

It can, yes! That's the same as the 40-131, just comes in a different finish.

great! I am going to order it. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

No, thank you! Your business means a lot. Please let me know if we can be of any help in the future.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.