Need help in identifying and replacing "friction shoe" or "balance support shoe"

A home owner from Pasadena, Ca says:
My home has many wooden double hung windows. The manufacturer is unknown (there are no markings that can be found on the sashes or liners). The balance mechanisms are failing because the plastic piece that supports the sash and attaches the cord to the balance spring are breaking at the tab that holds the cord (pictures of an unbroken part included). I believe the windows were installed in the 1980's, but I am not certain of the year. Any help or suggestions to identify and replace these parts will be greatly appreciated.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Please take a look at our 15-104 and see if this might be a possible replacement.
A home owner from Pasadena, CA says:
Tom, thank you for the suggestion. I had noticed part 15-104 during my search prior to posting this e-mail. It seems to have the same dimensions, though it is slightly different along one side (perhaps this is a "friction" plate). I will order some of them, and give it a try. Hopefully they will work. Thanks again for your suggestion,
Jeff
Profile picture of Tom
No problem, Jeff. Let me know how they work out.
A quick learner from Pasadena, CA says:
Tom, I used the 15-104 Caradco Friction Shoe, and they worked fine as a replacement for the original part. I had to remove the metal strip which added tension to get them to fit the channel, and after that the Caradco part fit easily into the sash liner, and seems to be working fine. I am going to order another batch of these parts just to make sure I have a future supply on hand should any of the other windows need a similar repair.

Thank you so much for your help and guidance with this perplexing problem.
Jeff
Profile picture of Tom
That's great news, Jeff. Glad everything worked. Let me know if you need anything else, I'd be happy to help.
A quick learner from Ohio says:
Jeff,
I know it's been quite some time but wondered how the units were holding up and if you have any suggestions or tips? I have the exact same windows with the exact same problem.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance shoe 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance shoe 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance shoe.jpg
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.