Need help to identify what type of window balance

A home owner from boston says:
Hi there! I recently purchased an old house with many of these old wood windows that cannot stay open. I think the balanced need to be replaced but cannot identify what type of balance it is. Could you take a look and help me out? Thanks
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I am sure we can help you with this. It seems you have a wood window with vinyl jamb liners. Based on what I am seeing, it appears our Series 751 channel balance could make a good match for you.

Does your window tilt? What is the metal length and code number stamped on the metal channel?
A home owner from manchester NH says:
Thanks. Now I need to figure out how to remove this vinyl jamb liner to see the channel then. I don't think the window tilt, will try it tomorrow.
A quick learner from NH says:
Hi there, I managed to remove the window and take the jamb liner out, as attached. The number on the balance is 24 and 16, for two different windows. Do you have the jamb liner that come with two balance? Or I need to buy the balance and replace it in the jamb liner?
Cam pivot
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! The nylon pivots you have resemble our 26-151 and 26-152. The balances, meanwhile, look like our S751-17 with a 16R option, as well as our S751-25 with a 24R option. I'm afraid we don't carry the jamb liners. You will need to remove both sashes first to remove the liners, then you can slide the old balances out and slide the new balances in the track. See the video below for more information.
A quick learner from manchester NH says:
Thanks a lot! you guys are extremely helpful. I got all the information I need and just play an order and plan to fix all my windows using the parts you recommended.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)