Need help with PGT lock

A home owner from Palm Coast, Florida says:

The lock broke on our PGT sliding glass door. Looking at your website, and video (very helpful by the way) I believe I need the 82-218 round face lock. However, I am concerned that the part that includes the knob that you turn to lock the door may need to be replaced as well (but maybe not). Thought I should order that part just in case, but don't know what it is. Also, is there a video about how to replace that part (the one with the knob)?

Finally, can you tell from the picture if the lock is a square face (82-223) or round face (82-218)?

See pictures of the Lock (82-218??) and the other part I am asking about- any suggestions.

Thanks very much,

Roger C

Patio glass door handle
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Roger. Looking at your mortise lock, it looks like our 82-229 is the best match. That said, our 82-218 can probably still work, you would just re-use the original face plate.

I'm not sure about that thumb lever plate in your second photo. Can you tell me the distance between the two screw holes, center-to-center? That might help us find something that can work.

A home owner from PALM COAST FLORIDA says:
Thank you very much for your valuable advice. I ordered both of the ones you mentioned - the 82-229 lock with the template and the 82-218 lock without the template. After looking at them both it seemed easier to use the 82-229 and I was able to replace the lock a few minutes ago in 15 minutes (and I was going very slow and carefully). I am so very pleased.
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.