Need tilt latch recommendation

A home owner from USA says:

Hi!

I need to repair our vinyl windows tilt latch. They currently have internal latches and many are broken. I would like to replace them with a Swisco surface mount latch. Please make a recommendation for which latch model will work for our windows. I have attached a marked-up photo for your reference.

Thanks!

Shannon H.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_Sash01.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Shannon. I'd be happy to make a recommendation, but we'll need a photo of the latch itself out of the window. I'm afraid that too much of it is obscured for us to accurately identify.

Once we see it out, I'm confident we can come up with a solution. In the meantime, you can see our entire selection here. If you have a sharp eye, you may be able to pick out a match without my help.

A home owner from USA says:
Hey friend, reading is fundamental! I want to convert to surface mount latches. Please reread my email and examine picture. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're right, I apologize. Sometimes I get so focused on the image that I neglect to read the post as carefully as I should. 

The main problem with using a surface mounted tilt latch on your sash is that slot where the old thumb actuator went. That is a very limiting factor. You need a tilt latch with a very small front-hole offset and a very small overall hole spacing, which isn't an easy order.

The first thing to come to mind is our 26-314 latch pair. These are pretty tiny with a 29/32" front offset and only a 1-3/8" overall spacing. They're also very skinny at 29/32". You may be able to squeak these in there.

The other option would be to try to get the back screw all the way on the other side of that slot. Our 26-193 and 26-194 could potentially work, but it's cutting it close. I'm not optimistic.

Look these over and let me know what you think. Be sure to also watch this video, I think you'll find it helpful.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.