Need two of these

A quick learner from NAPERVILLE, IL says:

I'm pretty sure the one we're replacing in our door is a Prime Line C 1032, but I think it should have been installed with a shim something like Prime Line E 2116, so I would like two sets of shims if the replacements don't come with them. The problem I'm having is I'm also trying to replace my neighbors and her door closes from right to left, these are the pics I've included. The neighbor still has the original on that came with the door and hers is totally broken. Can I just flip it and use the same one I need? Also, regarding the prime line C1032 I'm replacing in my condo, we don't like that one, the wood handle easily strips off and I've had to repair it several times. Do you have one that comes in a dark tone like black or brown that wood work for me, that has some type of metal handle? Or a flush mount I can buy and buy a better handle separately?

Thanks for the help!

Danny

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200723_183625.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200723_183641.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200723_183652.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200723_183738.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200723_183539.jpg
Prefer a dark tone that matches the door so we don't upset the HOA :) Think I forgot to mention that our door closes from right to left, it's our neighbors that closes from right to left.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. Based on the numbers you've given us, it sounds like you want our 82-002K lockset. This happens to work for both left and right hand doors interchangeably, so that shouldn't be an issue. You just flip the internal lock tooth around.

Concerning the pull handle, I'd say that the darkest finish we have would be the 88-002. Look this over and see what you think.

Finally, we don't carry a shim for this at the moment, but I'd be happy to look into it for you. Give me a little more time to look into that and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again! I have good news and bad news. The good news is that we can provide these shims as a custom order. The bad news is that supply chains in our industry are backed up across the board right now, what with everything going on. It would take at least two months before we can ship these out to you, maybe even more if things don't calm down anytime soon. Please let me know if you were still interested and I'll pull the trigger on that, but I would understand if that's too long.

Well I scrolled down a bit on the lock set you gave me and seem to have answered my own question :) with Product Code: 88-009
placing the order now

I've placed the order, # 1464687 

Seems to me those handles will work, if not please let me know and I'll modify the order based on your recommendations. 

regarding the shims, what would be the price, or approx. price for 2 orders of shims, each order containing 2 shims?

Profile picture of Tom

Great, thank you! I'm actually not sure about the price of the shims at this point in time, unfortunately. It may be too early for me to give a confident price, but I'll look into that for you and respond ASAP.

Profile picture of Tom

Unfortunately, I just had some bad news passed onto my desk. It seems that this shim has been discontinued and it isn't something that we can supply, even as a custom order. They simply don't have any left and we have no other avenue of getting more. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and for getting your hopes up.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)