Non tilt spiral window balance

A quick learner from Foley, Al says:
Hi! I'm trying to find out what kind o balance this is.
It measures 29"(without spiral part) 3/8" diameter and it seems to have a faded red or orange bushing.
I'll also need the plastic clip that goes on bottom sash and connects to the spiral balance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience in this matter. We can replace this balance, but it will have to be a special order due to its configuration. Can you just tell me how many you need?

As for that black piece, I'm afraid we can no longer replacement. This is a bracket on which the balance hook attaches. We have a substitute in mind, but it's a slightly different configuration. We would be using the 15-073 hook on the end of the balance, and then you would install a 15-110 balance attachment by screwing new holes on the bottom of the sash while being careful not to hit the glass. Would that be possible? 

Let me know what you think, and how many balances you wanted. Once we know that then I'll email you an order link and price quote for the requested quantity.

I'll need 12 pairs. The hook on the balance connects directly on the side of the sash and I think the plastic clips also keep the hook in place and also works as a guide/bumper...
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I see. That changes things, then. If the plastic piece isn't what the balance hook attaches to, then we might be better off going with a 15-142 at the bottom of the balance. This is closer in design to your original.

I'm afraid we won't have anything that can replace the nylon piece, based on your description.

We'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 12 balances with the 15-142 hook, not the 15-073 I originally mentioned. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'll need 24 balances total(12 windows).
Will the shoe come attached to the balance?
Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, sorry about that. I'll amend the quantity and resend the link.

The shoes will come pre-attached to the balance, yes. All of our balances come fully assembled and ready to install out of the box.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)