Not sure if I have 39-188. Arm goes in other direction?

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Hi I need replacement parts for my casement windows. I think they were Patriot, house built in 1995. One is a set 60" tall, 58 1/2" wide, 2 casements, left and right, side by side.

It looks pretty much like parts 39-188 and 39-187 to me, but the arm looks like it is flipped in the opposite direction? It is about 5" wide on the inside, 5" from screw to screw, and the arm is the correct size for this item. Or, I am looking at it wrong? ( I do not think it is the similar 39089 and 39090.) The current hardware does have the word "truth" on it, I do not see any numbers.

We are fairly desperate to get these parts ASAP, as one bedroom only has these 2 broken windows for ventilation, or for emergency evacuation.

Thank you in advance for your help. We may order 7 pieces, for all the casement windows in the house.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree, our 39-188 & 39-187 look closer than our 39-089 & 39-090. As for the arms being flipped, I don't think they are. It just looks like your operator arms are in the "open" position while our product pictures show the arms in the "closed" position. You have to remember that as the handle is cranked, the arm will pivot on that gear. Take a look at our hardware again with that in mind and see if these might work for you after all.
A home owner from New Jersey says:
Thanks, you are right! I placed my order and look forward to fixing these windows ASAP. So glad I found your site. My husband was going to try and open up the actual hardware and fix it, (he thought). I had serious doubts, it looks like a much better idea to just swap out the old for new.

I have friends who were told repairs were not possible on casements, you need new windows! Ours are in stucco, and we did not want to disturb the outside stucco.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's absolutely right. You'd be surprised how many people will spend a fortune when they don't have to! Replacing these smaller parts is worlds easier than changing out an entire window. I'm glad we were able to help you!
A quick learner says:
Just to say I already replaced 4 of my window crank mechs and it works great. I did not realize that you did not include screws though, some of mine were snapped, so I needed new ones. Quick trip to hardware store fixed that problem.

I will order a few more later today to complete the job. Thanks again.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.