Pivot Bar Needed

A quick learner from San Francisco, CA says:
This piece is a little less than 3 inches long and 1/2" tall. It is shaped like a key and screws in to the bottom of our vinyl windows with two holes. I believe the manufacture was Imperial. The part that catches the spring to hold the window app has shared off. I need about a dozen of these to repair several windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This might be our 26-396, but I can't confirm, as the pivot bar you show is missing the part that plugs into the pivot shoe. Compare our recommendation with an undamaged version of your old pivot bar to see if this is what you need.

Wow. That is so close, but not quite right. It's helpful to know what the part is called - a pivot bar. I have not figured out how to release the sashes that still have their bars in tact, so I have not gotten to take a photo of the complete piece. Thank you for your help. Kind regards, Charles
Profile picture of Bob

Take a look at the video below, Charles. See if this helps remove the other pivot bars.

Thank you so much for continuing to help me. The video was just what I needed to understand how to release the windows that still have complete pieces. I think these windows are more than 20 years old, so many of the screws are rusted. I think I can repair them, but I will need more than a dozen of the pieces that I need to replace.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7F0A4A59-DDB7-4212-94E4-CC475AEEAD6C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8955BEA9-A095-436F-8A3E-EB36C31D53C2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A9E173F2-C687-45C3-B097-067156374238.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C5C994D0-0D08-4AE0-B048-A8AF65F2FB53.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D154AF32-B000-4207-899A-90BEF567414D.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for showing me a clearer picture of the pivot bar. I still believe the 26-396 is our closest match, but it use it, you might need to clip off those "nubs" at the front of ours. If you can do that, I think it very well may work.

I agree. I think it's worth a try. I noticed that another customer posted a similar question. It looks like the exact same piece that I have. I didn't see if he wrote back saying that it worked, but I am willing to take a chance. You have been very helpful. Thank you. I will go ahead and order 10 or 12 of these. All the best to you, Charles
Profile picture of Bob

Good deal, Charles. Let me know how you make out, and many thanks for your business, we really do appreciate it.

This was very helpful. I did have to cut with a hacksaw the narrow end of the pivot bar so that it would fit into the spring of the window. I was able to repair all of the windows that had failed. Thank you so much for your help with this
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.