Stem of my operator fell out

A quick learner from NC says:
I have several Hurd windows where the gear is stripped on the operator, so the window won't close all the way (they close to about 1-2 inches, then I have to manually pull them - fine when screens are off, but that's not when I open and close the windows!). I assume I can't get just the stripped part and will need to get the whole operator. Is that right? If I can get just the part, can you direct me to where I will find that? Thanks, Tim

This appears to be the correct operator:

Maxim Dual Arm Operator, Sill Mount
Product Code: 39-253L
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I'm afraid that step is not available by itself. Even if it was, the fact that it has fallen out is only the symptom of a greater problem. It means that the gears in the operator have stripped out.
A quick learner from NC says:
Sorry, I must have added this post to an existing thread. Nothing has fallen out on my windows. I assume that the problem is with the gear on the end of the arm as the crank works just fine until it gets almost closed. So, if the arms are available separate from the operator, let me know. Thanks again, Tim
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tim, sorry for the confusion! Unfortunately, I'm afraid the arms are not available by themselves, either. The only part of an operator that are sold separately are the handles, bracket attachments, and in some cases the outside cover. Things like the arms and gears are all interconnected and installed at the factory, so they cannot be repaired.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)