PATIO SLIDING GLASS DOOR LOCKING SYSTEM

A quick learner from Los Angeles, CA says:
Please, I am looking to replace the handle on the existing patio glass door.

One of the images shows the lock system "inside" of the glass door (old lock).

Unbeknown to me I purchased 4 handles to replace the doors that go to the patio and balconies, however this particular door the handle and the locking system are different. Here is the problem I have.

So, I need to replace the locking system that goes inside the door as image "I" and "II" shows.

P.S.: Of course I realized this after placing the new handle on the door, so you will see a "new" handle and locking system on the outside of the door frame. AND another in the inside of the door
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like your door uses an internal mortise lock. Please see our 82-033. This is similar to the surface-mount handle you bought, but is designed to work with internal mortise locks like yours.
A quick learner from Los Angeles says:
Hey, the Patio Door Lock & Keeper arrived together with the handles.

First: The long plastic item that goes inside the handle arrived with a broken top edge!!

Second: How am I supposed to get the 82-211 Part to lock and unlock if the handles DON'T HAVE A HOLE IN THE MIDDLE TO PUT THE LOCKING GADGET????

I don't get it! I sent photos of the door I'm trying to fix. Someone at Swisco replied indicated what I need.
I then bought it and now I don't see how this could work.

Did you guys shipped the WRONG Handle?

Please explain.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you show us a picture of the hardware you received, as well as the broken edge you mention? That will help us confirm if you were sent the correct hardware or not.

As for the 82-211, it's meant to interact with the thumb lever of the 82-033. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the handles don't have a hole in the middle. The 82-033 is not meant to have a hole in it, since the thumb lever installs underneath the handle. See the video below. The handle featured here is a different style, but the method of installation, and the way it works, is the same.
A quick learner from Los Angeles, CA says:
Tom:

Thank for sending the plastic part to replace the broken one. I will send it back as soon as get done with this matter.

The Part that goes inside the door and the one that has a hook (The Mortise) of the 82-211 is bigger than the hole where the Mortise goes in my door.

I'm sending you picture with a measuring tape next to it so you can appreciate the size that should go. So, it looks like solving this problem I will be able to fix once and for all my patio door.

Thank you.

Send me a "return label" so Incan send back the mortise and the broken part.

E. Robert S.
door lock
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I can see why you would go for the 82-211, but considering the difference in size I wonder if our 82-218 would be better. See what you think.
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.