PGT SH-701 hurricane impact single hung spiral balalnces

A quick learner from texas says:
Hi there,

I have the following 3 windows types:
76"x37" balance length: 38-1/2" diameter: 9/16"
63"x37" balance length: 31-1/2" diameter: 1/2"
50-5/8"x37" balance length: 24" diameter: 1/2"

The first 2 pictures are type 1, next 2 are type 2 and last 1 is type 3.

They are all hurricane impact windows. The largest ones are using brackets similar to 17-012 (on less screw hole) and the others seem to attach straight to the windows but I think I need 17-008 brackets.

Please email if you need more info.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you have two types of balances. The first one is a special type used for commercial windows. The tube should measure 38-1/2", but please double check. I will also need you to remvoe the white casing and give us the numbers printed on the gray tube. This will let is know the spring strength.

As for the second type, I think it's a match for our Series 500 non tilt window spiral balance. Please double check the length and diameter, though, since they are not made on the half inch and the tube diameter should be 5/8". I would also like you to confirm the weight of your sash; yours has a black tip, which will need to be custom made, so I would rather confirm this is correct.

Finally, the third type appears to be another Series 500, though I would also request that you confirm the diameter of the tube. This appears to have a standard blue tip.
A quick learner says:
the 1st type is 38-1/2 as indicated in my previous post. I do not have the ability to look at the number as the property is 2k miles away.
I measured type 2 and type 3 precisely. the width was 1/2" for both. I can't measure the weight either. They definitely need a black tip for type and blue tip for type 3.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I see. That will make things a little tricky. I feel pretty confident that the second two are Series 500 balances, but for the first balance we really need to know either the stamp on the balance or the weight of the sash. We will not be able to make a recommendation without that information.

As for the two smaller balances, the blue tip is a standard option for our S500-24. Check it out and see what you think. Black tip is special, though, so we will have to custom make that. Check out this custom spiral balance request form that I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.

For the Series 500 balances, we recommend a couple different brackets compared to what you have now. See our 17-008 and 17-094.
A quick learner from Boca Raton says:
On the tube is printed E23G and 285G does this help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I don't know what your question is. Are you inquiring about replacement spiral balances? If so, those stamps unfortunately don't tell me anything about the hardware in use. In order to help, we'll need clear photos of the spiral balance removed from the window. I specifically need to see the top end, bottom end, the stamps in question, and the component that connects it to the sash. Please also clarify if this is for a tilt or non-tilt window.

How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.